1. Where did you begin 2008?
At home, sound asleep, fighting con-ick.
2. What was your status by Valentines Day?
Same as the last 13 years. Happily married.
3. Were you in school anytime this year?
No. Would have liked to though.
4. Did you have to go to the hospital?
No, a rare year for me! I like that!
5. Did you have any encounters with the police?
Yes, several! They were very curious about my smart car.
6. Where did you go on vacation?
Disneyworld for 8 days!
7. What did you purchase that was over £100?
2 cars! (My smart, which I sold, and the Elantra to replace it!) Does $1300 in car maintenance on the old Elantra count?
8. Did you know anybody who got married?
9. Did you know anybody who passed away?
10. Did you move anywhere?
No. Soon, but not until 2009.
11. What sporting events did you attend?
None that come immediately to mind.
12. What concerts/shows did you go to?
Brad Sherwood and Colin Mochrie, Curtains, MacBeth (Patrick Stewart!). I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one...
13. Describe your birthday.
Spent gaming with friends and then a quiet dinner and a movie with Brian.
14. What is the ONE thing you thought you would not do, but did, in 2008?
Make it to the annual microscopy conference. Finally it was approved!
For 2009 I'm hoping to buy an SEM...
15. What have been your favourite moments?
Hanging out with friends and relaxing. Brian's birthday weekend with Ruth and Dave (and Michelle for BBQ) in particular come to mind.
16. Any new additions to your family?
Nope, but two new nephews late in 2007...
17. What was your best month?
September. And also the worst in some ways...
18. Who has been your best drinking buddy?
I think I'd have to drink to have a drinking buddy, wouldn't I? I'm not opposed to drinking per se, I just have a choice between alcohol and my arthritis drugs. I prefer to walk...
19. Made new friends?
Yes. Michelle in particular!
20. Favourite Night out?
21. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
Stuck in my lab at work, I guess.
22. Have you lost any friends this year?
One online friend, but it was expected.
23. Change your hairstyle?
Nope, growing it out to donate it again next spring.
24. Have any car accidents?
25. How old did you turn this year?
34 last week!
26. Do you have a New Years resolution?
No, I don't generally make them.
27. Do anything embarrassing?
Do you really think I'd admit it here?
28. Buy anything from eBay?
Several things. Nothing truly fabulous, mostly things I didn't want to get ripped off for to buy locally. (Cables etc.)
29. Get married or divorced?
No, Brian hasn't totally lost all ability to tolerate me yet.
30. Get hit on?
Yes, strangely enough. Even with Brian standing beside me...
31. Been snowboarding?
32. Did you get sick this year?
Yes, a number of times. And threw my back out in March for two weeks off work. Not how I wanted to spend two weeks off...
33. Are you happy to see 2008 go?
Not really. It's been a pretty good year overall, even with some problems.
34. Been naughty or nice?
Again, do you really think I'll answer this here?
35. What are you looking forward to most in 2009?
Moving away from these damned squirrels!